All content on this site is by and copyright ©1994-2019 Tonio Loewald, unless otherwise specified. Best viewed in Firefox, Safari, or IE8.
A program for designing, creating, deploying, and managing
Questionnaire-based studies on Windows, Macs, and online.
Edit Anywhere. Deploy Anywhere
- Create and manage your questionnaires quickly and easily on your
PC or Mac.
- No programming required!
- A highly intuitive graphical user interface. Really! No fiddly little
script files and magic codes to deal with...
- Deploy questionnaires as stand-alone applications running
on Windows (98, ME, 2000, NT, or XP), Mac OS Classic (8.5
or later), or Mac OS X (10.1 or later) computers. For example, you
can collect data in the field using a Windows XP Tablet,
or a Linux-based PDA such as the Sharp Zaurus.
- Deploy forms via the web. With our new PHP runtime engine,
you can run your surveys via the web (see
an example, view documentation), or
simply use the engine on any platform (e.g. discarded computers with a free
Linux install) that can run a web browser. (We make almost no assumptions
about the client, so almost any browser should work.)
Simple, Powerful Tools to Make Life Easier
- Automatically assign random experimental conditions. Create
as many random variables as you like, assign them possible values, and weight
the values. No scripting required.
- Skip or include sections of your questionnaire conditionally.
Want to vary a stimulus based on a random variable? It's easy to do and requires
options such as multiple-choice, range-response,
pick-an-image, and text-response questions in a matter of minutes. Click
here to see a video demo
(about two minutes long, about 5MB, requires
- Easily reuse components from previous questionnaires. Copy
and paste sections and items and (if necessary) drag them reorganise your
questionnaire (without affecting output data).
- Questionnaires can include videos, images, and password-protected
- Questionnaires can launch external applications and/or
documents (and vary the item launched based on responses to questions).
- Modify and reorganize your questionnaire without losing
compatibility with data already collected. (Obviously, if you add questions,
answers to your new questions won't magically appear in data you've already
Data gathered are automatically stored in text files.
(One file per session. Multiple sessions can output data to a single location
safely.) The file format is simple and well-documented.
Data files can be viewed and automatically collated
into a single text file ready for analysis in standard statistical
analysis packages, such as SPSS and SAS. (You can analyse your data less
than five minutes after your last subject leaves the lab...)
- Data from multiple experimental conditions are output in the same
format. (Create multiple versions of the same questionnaire to handle
multiple experimental conditions OR vary the conditions within a form.)
- Support: we'll answer your questions via email -- fast.
- Consulting services: we'll help you build your experiment,
and if necessary add features to RiddleMeThis to make it work for you.
- Hosting services: we're planning to provide secure
and reliable hosting services. You will be able to host your forms
on our servers and either link to them from your website or just give out
your form's URL to your subjects. We'll give you an admin URL that lets you
view and download your data (after providing your password) any time you like!
Download and try out RiddleMeThis
right now for free.
Many more features are planned. We
want RiddleMeThis to be the most powerful software of its kind on any platform.
(We think it's already the easiest to use!)